The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure like networking and Security. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
Job Reference: IT/2017/001 Closing Date: 2017-08-20
· Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Writing the RFPs and evaluate the Proposals.
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
· Contribute and maintain system standards.
· Maintain Site to Site Disaster recovery.
· Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
· Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
· Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
· Investigate and troubleshoot Infrastructure issues.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
· Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
· Build or Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
· Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
· Perform any other related tasks assigned by the line manager/management.
· Review security plan and ensure implementation of international security standard.
· Bachelor Degree with 4 years of experience in similar position or Diploma with at least 6 years of experience.
· Wide Knowledge of:
· Server’s OS like Windows and UNIX all editions
· Cisco networking and Video Conference.
· Active directory, TCP/IP, FDS, and other Microsoft services.
· VM ware End-to-End v5.0, v6.0, and MS Hyper V.
· Fujitsu servers and storage.
· Wireless and PTP.
· UHF, VHT.
· Implementation and configuration of MS system center 2012, 2016
· Security Knowledge:
· Data Encryption
· Intrusion Detection and Breach Response.
· Excellent Knowledge in Firewall and Security appliances.
· Configuring DMZ and VPN
· Security analysis and vulnerability assessment.
· Penetration Testing.
· CyberSecurity: HTTPS, SSL, and TLS
· Endpoint Threat Detection and Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
· Access Control systems.
· Security Engineering.