The accountabilities of this positions involve designing new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements, in order to improve business efficiency, productivity and to support the business needs of PDC (Port of Duqm Company). This includes review and analysis of user functions and activities, evaluation of current systems and the development of appropriate programs or systems in coordination with Vendor of existing system.
The Systems analyst will focus in three core applications of PDC’s Applicative Landscape: the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) from IFS, the TOS (Terminal Operating System) from JADE and the integration activities along with any other legacy environment and have to be able to adapt to different programming languages.
Job Reference: IT/2017/003 Closing Date: 2017-08-20
· Design new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity.
· System study – Requirement gathering, interact with business users to understand their needs.
· Analyzes and design program logic, screen layouts, reports, acceptance criteria and testing criteria to support development of new or enhance systems.
· Technical inputs for preparing the RFPs and technical evaluation the Proposals.
· Performs all aspects of systems design including writing required programs, testing and evaluation of new processes and implementation of new applications.
· Design, develop, deploy and maintain PDC’s Information Management System.
· Prepares program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications.
· Conducts or coordinates user acceptance, performance / stress, regression and integration testing; makes changes and corrections as needed for apps and databases.
· Participates in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems and provide training and support.
· Performs ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs; troubleshooting identifies problems and develops appropriate solutions.
· Preferably Provide SQL, Oracle, Jade, etc... administration in live and test environments, verify database and data integrity.
· Provide assistance, advice, and training to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
· Participate in meetings (Steering Committee, weekly internal meetings) as applicable.
· Document and follow-up all the software licensing.
· Support Port Operations Team in Duqm, mainly in Port and Terminal Operating system.
· Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems
· Modify and maintenance of the PDC Intranet Portal and web site (CMS), consisting of:
a) In co-ordination with other members of staff, continuously monitoring the development of the site and pushing its integration into all company activities.
b) Redesigning the websites / portal if needed.
c) Maintaining the quality and relevance of information, including updating the site as required, in consultation with the Director.
· Deep knowledge of the following products: MS AD – MS Group policy – Databases (SQL and Oracle, Jade) – Preferable: VMware – Backup Software.
· Long experience with Business software analytic, design, Develop and implement.
· Translating business requirements into system requirements.
· Documenting functional and non-functional requirements.
· Knowledge on Writing Technical RFPs and technical evaluation of the tenders.
· Conducting Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
· Knowledge on Troubleshooting, Tuning, and maintaining business applications.
· Wide Knowledge on ERP systems (is a plus).
· Wide Knowledge on see port System and the business processes in Port Management.
· Knowledge / exposure of workflows related to port & logistics industry.
· Working with Team and under pressure.
· The ability to learn quickly and to contribute to a team effort.
· A logical approach to problem solving.
· Good interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail.
· Business awareness; planning and negotiating skills.
· A methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind.
· Pro-Active Minded and independent.
· Fluent in writing and speaking English.
· A Bachelors or Masters Degrees may include Computer Applications, Programming, Software Design, Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
· Microsoft Certifications (MCSE, MCSD) may also be acceptable.
· Technical certifications with respect to the Information Systems such as JADE for TOS; Microsoft Technologies for ERP; Oracle Database; Information Broker or specific to the information system that PDC decides.
Minimum of 4 years of experience as System Analyst working in large enterprise with Enterprise Information Systems preferably in a port & logistics environment.